Global Missions

Go therefore and make disciples of all nations

Matthew 28:19

May Focus:
Missionary Health Care

The cost of providing insurance for Nazarene Missionaries is quite high.  In fact, the cost for insurance alone for a year is approximately $1.9 million, and the costs continue to rise. Yet, the Church of the Nazarene wants its missionaries to be able to serve and not worry about the cost of the next premium.  Nazarene Missions International has helped subsidize some of these funds since as early as 1919.  The Missionary Health Care program helps pay about 23% of the insurance costs.  The remaining 77% of the insurance cost is provided by the World Evangelism Fund.

Missionary Health Care uses FOUR ways to fund these expenses:

1.  The Memorial Roll was established in 1919 as a way to honor deceased friends and loved ones.  A certificate is issued in the name of the person memorialized and is often presented to a family member.  Seventy-five dollars is given to the Missionary Health Care Plan for each certificate.
For the 2020-2021 year, Lake Gibson Church placed these names on the Memorial Roll:
Darl Bowersox                                                          
James Goodwin, Sr.                                                              
Rebecca Hawkins                                                      
Rev. David Hess  
                                         
 
2.  The Distinguished Service Award is a tribute to those living - for their devotion and service to the church.  This award is given only by a Church to honor someone in the Church for his or her efforts in building up the Kingdom of God.  The Church gives one hundred twenty-five dollars to the Medical Health Care Plan for each award.
This year, Lake Gibson Church presented the Distinguished Service Award to Robert & Charlotte Faulstick for a lifetime of service to God – years as church pastor, financial consultants, teachers – always caring & ministering to people around you – humble, devoted, faithful followers of Jesus Christ.    

3.  Gifts From the Heart are attractive “in Memory” and “In Honor” cards on a display rack in the local church for someone you wish to honor or remember while helping Nazarene Missionaries at the same time.  Choose your own donation amount and write a personal note on the gift card to present or mail to those you wish to honor.

4.  Missionary Health Care Offerings are taken by the church through special offerings or Faith Promise giving.  In this way the whole church helps to provide for the Medical needs of our Nazarene Missionaries.